How Bulk SMS Works
Have you ever wondered or asked how bulk SMS works? If yes, then this blog post hopes to answer your question. More than ever, people are more attached to their phones. This makes bulk text messaging the most direct way of getting useful information across thousands of customers effectively, efficiently at the same time.
Businesses of all sizes have found incredible success in generating leads, increasing sales and building brand awareness with bulk SMS service. Sending bulk SMS is not only reserved for businesses with a huge marketing budget. Individuals, start-ups, medium-sized and larger corporations can take advantage of this effective tool to experience fantastic ROI.
We are certain learning about how bulk SMS works will help you use it effectively for your marketing campaign.
What is Bulk SMS Service?
Bulk SMS service is a tool primarily used to communicate updates, time-sensitive offers, events alerts etc. to people that have opted in to receiving these types of messages from the sender.
Bulk SMS is supported by all phones, internet, and mobile-ready systems. People send trillions of messages every year, and 98% of texts are opened within the first five minutes or less of receipt. Bulk SMS service supports alphanumeric messages of 160 characters or less.
Why Does It Work For Marketing?
Bulk SMS services work because they cut through other direct communication channels. For example, statistics show that
- 80% of mobile phone users check their phones for new messages as soon as they wake up
- 95% of messages are read within three minutes of delivery when compared with a 22% open rate for emails.
- When used for offer redemption, bulk SMS service produces eight times engagement rates higher than businesses normally achieve through email.
- Businesses using bulk SMS services for advertising to support other marketing activities successfully reach 98% of their target audiences.
- Bulk SMS service, if used for marketing purpose performs five times better than online advertising for creating brand awareness and increasing purchasing intent.
- 45% of consumers prefer to receive offers notification via SMS compared to email (18%),
- An additional advantage that mass text messaging service provides is the ability to deliver to all phone types. This also works well for businesses that target older demographic who may not yet be on the smartphone trend. Having a channel to reach all generations, without the limitation of a specific device, is a huge key to success.
How Bulk SMS Works
But how does bulk SMS service work? This simple setup will help you understand the working scenario of Bulk SMS service.
Bulk SMS service has four functional units.
- The Users
- Bulk SMS Gateways
- Mobile Network Operators (E.g. MTN, GLO, Airtel and 9mobile)
These are individuals, businesses, organizations etc. who use bulk SMS service to promote their business, generate leads, send informative messages, etc. These Users use a bulk SMS gateway to send messages or to view message delivery reports, etc. They are the beneficiaries of bulk SMS service.
Bulk SMS Gateway Providers
A bulk SMS gateway allows users (i.e. businesses, individuals, organizations etc.) to send Short Message Service (SMS) to mobile network operators. They have tie-ups with mobile Network Operators; build user-friendly interfaces for the users.
Mobile Network Operators
Mobile Network Operators (like Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile) is the first party in overall Bulk SMS Process. Mobile Network Operators play a key role in delivering Bulk SMS to recipients. Without them, users can’t send SMS. Mobile Network Operators revert confirmation signal back to the SMS Gateway after delivering messages.
These are people or phone numbers with mobile handsets who receive messages sent from bulk SMS portal.
Sending bulk SMS can be achieved in five simple steps. It would be extremely time-consuming for businesses to send each of their customers’ individual texts. Mass text messaging allows communication to be held at the same time as everybody who has opted into the service. Follow the steps below to begin.
- Sign Up – Begin by signing up for a free bulk SMS account. Visit www.141sms.com to register.
- Fund your bulk SMS account. Click https://141sms.com/pricing-and-payments/ to learn more.
- Text your customized sender ID to 08062145589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for white-listing.
- Start sending out mass text messages for events, specials offers, promos, reminders, cancellation alerts, etc and watch your business take off.
- Use our detailed delivery report feature to monitor delivery rates, open rates and spikes in engagement. This will allow you to fine-tune future campaigns
How to Build Your Bulk SMS Contact List
In order to launch a successful bulk SMS campaign, you will need a message and an audience too. To be sure you are reaching an engaged audience, you’ll need to build your own marketing /contact list. While this process may not be as quick as you’d want it to be, the other option is to get an active GSM database from us. Call 08062145589 or email email@example.com to learn how to get it for free. To build your contact list, start off by giving people reason(s) to opt into your list. Most people will need some sort of incentive, like claiming an offer or opting into your service to reap future benefits.
- Social media: People following your business page on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram are already engaged with you. Postcode on these platforms and encourage your followers to text it back to opt-in to your list.
- Website: Add a simple opt-in call-to-action on your homepage
- In-store: use your receipts, shop space, business card etc, to reach customers directly and to request that they subscribe to your text list.
- Radio/TV spot: Promoting a strong offer on-air can help make people opt-in to your contact list.
- Direct mail, postcards and offline media: If you’re already spending the money to promote your business via print, add in an extra line or two to incorporate your opt-in shortcode.
Hope you now know how bulk SMS works. Need to send cheap bulk SMS, look no further as 141sms has got you covered. As a leading bulk SMS provider, we have helped thousands of businesses achieve texting stardom. Don’t have a bulk SMS account yet? Click www.141sms.com to register for free. Call 08062145589 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries.